Pho

Pho is one of my favourite foods to eat when I go out to dinner.
I have always enjoyed making traditional italian soups, but last night I wanted to make my own Pho, and I did!

Ingredients:
10 cups chicken stock
6 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
3-4 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 cup of white onion
4 oz rice vermicelli noodles
1/2 lb thinly sliced chicken (fondue cut)
½ cup of shiitake mushrooms (optional)
soy sauce
fresh bean sprouts
fresh cilantro or Thai basil
Hoisin sauce
Sriracha hot sauce or hot chillies
2 limes, cut into wedges


Directions:

In a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of sesame oil and sauté white onions until translucent.


Next, add ginger and mix. Pour 10 cups of chicken stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Add chopped cilantro, mushrooms (or your choice veggie) and lime juice. Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Next, slap in the vermicelli noodles and cook until tender.
photo8soupsimmer









When the chicken is ready (not pink) serve with soy sauce, bean sprouts, lime and cilantro for garnishing. If you’ve got some Sriracha and Hoisin sauce, you’re all set. Hot chillis are fun too.


Makes 4 servings, or one really, really BIG soup.

Adapted by bitchen' kitchen

Comments

  1. Mmmm!!! Yummy! I love pho!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog Veronica, please join my blog by clicking the button to the left side of the screen where it says "join this site..." Much more recipes coming up!

      Divainthakitchen :)

      Delete

Post a Comment